It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year – and the busiest! These festive finds will have you dazzling and ready to attend all of your seasonal parties. We know there’s many events to attend during the holidays (and you can’t wear the same thing to each!) so we’ve broken down our fashion tips based on each occasion.
What to Wear to the Holiday Office Party
Wondering what to wear to your work party? Even if it’s outside of the office, you’ll probably still be expected to display a degree of professionalism. Follow these fashion rules to find the balance between formal and festive.
- If your office doesn’t have a dress code and keeps things casual, why not turn it up a notch and don a dress instead of your usual denim jeans? Try breaking out a
simple Ann Taylor black dress, opaque tights and a metallic belt. To keep it low-key, balance out your dressier pieces with a plaid button down, everyday bag, and ankle booties.
- For trendier workplaces or dinner events with co-workers, try dressing up a pair of skinny jeans or black pants with a bold, sparkly sweater. Oversized sweaters are huge right now, especially when embellished and paired with sophisticated accessories. Finish your look by swiping on some red lips and putting on a pair of Steve Madden pumps for the perfect amount of holiday glitz.
- If you’re attending fancier holiday office party, try on a classic feminine ensemble. Tuck in a lace top to a black high-waisted skirt, and pair it with sparkly heels. Layer your look with pearl necklaces and a sleek touch to balance those girly touches. Be sure to grab a winter white coat for some post-party hopping.
What to Wear to the Holiday Cocktail Party
Holiday cocktail parties require a little extra attention where style and etiquette are concerned – but it shouldn’t be too complicated. It’s just another excuse to drink and be merry, right? Follow these strategies to find an outfit stress-free.
- For a flirty holiday look, find a ruffled blouse with a plunging neckline, then tuck it into your high-waisted skirt to enhance your silhouette. Keep your clutch sleek and simple, but kick it up a notch with some sparkly pumps. Remember to never, ever wear brand new shoes to your holiday soiree – break them in first wearing socks a day or so before to avoid painful blistering.
- To make Santa wonder if you’ve been naughty or nice, mix a sheer metallic top with a deep burgundy skirt. Browse small women’s watches by MVMT to pair an elegant accessory. If you’re feeling extra bold, wear a shade of deep blue or green lipstick and keep heads turning.
- The holidays are the perfect time to break out those sequins pieces. Skip the full-on sequins cocktail dress and instead incorporate these festive beads into your statement-making pants, skirts, or sleeves.
What to Wear to the Holiday Casual Party
Casual parties give you the excuse to dress comfortably, but you still need to look cute! If you’re going to a laidback holiday party, stick to these guidelines for fun festive looks.
- The common go-to outfit for a holiday party in someone’s home usually involves skinny jeans and a sparkly sweater. Elevate this basic ensemble with colorful ballet flats and attention-grabbing earrings.
- Another strategy for a wintery effect is to go white on white. The components of your ensemble can still be casual, but the matching hues will instantly take the look up a notch. Avoid appearing too matchy by combining different weights, textures, and creamy colors.
- For the ultimate holiday fun, wear an ugly Christmas sweater to your casual-themed party! These are always a sight to behold, and are sure to spread some festive cheer. Still want to look good? Pair your baggy sweater with some slim-fitting pants to accentuate your figure.
Wherever you’re going, and whatever you wear, be sure to highlight your individuality. Happy holidays!