16 Cute Puppies From Taiwan

Guys. It’s finally happening!

Our FREE eBook, 101 Tips to Living in Taiwan, is coming out this week!

We’ve spent the past couple months compiling our top 101 tips for expats and travelers in Taiwan, and we’ve got to say that we are pumped out of our minds to at long last share our inside knowledge with you. It’s been a lot of work and countless hours, but it’s finally paying off. Needless to say, we truly believe in the quality of this free resource, available in the next few days!

Sign up to automatically receive 101 Tips to Living in Taiwan delivered straight to your email upon its release!

UPDATE: THE EBOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR COPY NOW!

In the meantime, we thought we would help with those Monday blues by sharing our cutest Taiwan puppy pictures. If this doesn’t cheer you up—or at least make you awww a few times—we don’t know what will.

We’ve already talked about the Taiwanese ‘cute factor’. As you might expect, it follows that Taiwanese adore their small, fluffy canines. They dress them up. They die their hair. They take them into restaurants and on trains and in department stores.

Even I have to admit, it doesn’t get much cuter than these 16 cute puppies from Taiwan.

Hope these furry bundles of joy bring a smile to your face!

Cute Puppy Smiling

Cute Dogs in Stroller Featured
Cute Puppy Purple Tail

Cute Puppy in Clothes

Cute Puppy in Car

Cute Puppy in Bee Clothes

Three Cute Puppies

Cute Puppy

Cute Dog Puppy

Cute Puppy on Scooter

Cute Puppy black
It’s worth noting that larger dogs are not nearly as fondled; as such, Taiwan currently has a massive stray dog problem. It’s common to buy dogs as pups, only to put them out on the streets once they are too large to accommodate. Luckily Taiwan doesn’t have any cases of rabies, but that doesn’t eliminate the other potential hazards of stray dogs overpopulating your public parks (not to mention the issue for the poor animals themselves). Taiwan’s stray dog problem has been gaining attention in the past year or so, in large part due to photographer Tou Chih Kang. His human-like portraits of stray dogs in Taiwan are eye opening, a display to inspire responsible pet ownership. Our photos might make you swoon, Tou’s will certainly bring tears to your eyes—especially when you know that 70 percent of dogs in Taiwan shelters are killed after a 12-day waiting period. Read more about Taiwan’s stray dog problem and view a sample of Tou’s work. If you want to learn more about ways to help, visit Animals Taiwan, a non-profit aimed at promoting the welfare of animals in Taiwan.

I know I promised to cheer you up with this post, but there was just no way we could flash all those cute puppy pics without also raising awareness of the darker side of pet culture. That said we want to end on a happy note, so here’s some pictures of what might be the happiest animals in the world.

Which puppy picture is your favorite? Can you contribute to the topic of stray dogs, in or out of Taiwan?

20 Comments

1. Cute puppies! Congratulations on your ebook! I know you have been working on this a while now. So glad it is your dream realized! Love you

• Thank you! We are definitely excited that an idea that started on a whim is actually coming to fruition!

2. Great those photos of puppies! They really reminds me Taiwan :)
    Congratulations on your ebook, it must feel so good now that it’s ready.

• YES! Thank you! It certainly does. We have really been loving your Taiwan posts recently too :)

3. I would now like to go to Taiwan and adopt every single stray puppy. :( Or maybe just to the animal shelter here.

• I should have posted this a year ago so you would have come to visit me ;-) I bet Gats could use a friend! You should go look!

• They might be my favorite! I don’t know when else I’ve ever seen a stroller full of puppies :-)

4. I have agree with you! Small dogs have the life of royalty in Taiwan. One of my Taiwanese friends actually has doggie diapers!!

BTW, look forward to reading your e-book!!
    Constance recently posted…Foreign Sanctuary, Familiar OasisMy Profile

• Thank you Constance! Please let us know how you find the book upon its release:) Gosh doggy diapers?!?! That’s too funny!!

5. I’ll be signing up for the ebook. Taiwan is on my list of places to consider after I’m done here in Korea. Sad situation for dogs in Taiwan. Hopefully, things will turn around with more education and public awareness.
    Tim recently posted…Gorge Hiking: Hamilton Mountain in WashingtonMy Profile

• I do think public awareness is really what’s needed. Glad to hear you are interested in coming to Taiwan! Don’t hesitate to ask us any questions :-)

• So happy to hear that!! Likewise, I think it is absolutely adorable when pups are dressed up, but I just can’t imagine myself ever having the time or will power to do it ;-P

6. Oh my gosh, these puppies are so cute! I love the shot of the gang chilling in the stroller. Priceless! Incidentally, big dogs are gaining in popularity in Shanghai (where they are technically illegal). Golden Retrievers and Labs are really popular, and I’ve even seen two pitbulls!
    Heather recently posted…Pearl Tower and the Shanghai History MuseumMy Profile

• WOW I didn’t realize big dogs were technically illegal in Shanghai, although I can’t say I am completely surprised to hear it! Do small dogs in Shanghai get the same celebrity treatment as in Taiwan?

• Oh yeah, all dogs are rock stars. People here take really good care of their dogs and they are always impeccably groomed. When we first got here we saw dogs dyed all sorts of funky shades, but that’s stopped thank goodness. Now it’s all about the shoes!
        Heather recently posted…Lao Beijing: the Best Peking Duck in ShanghaiMy Profile

• There is no lack of love for these little guys in Taiwan. I’m with you on the big dogs though! My family has a golden retriever back in the states. I need something I can actually play with :-)

Submit a Comment